Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> on 2006/08/16 09:39:29 UTC

making a blog invisible?

Hi all;

Is there such a thing as making a blog invisible to clients (at least
remove it from the main roller page where blog entries are aggregated)?

I have one specific blog I don't want anyone to see in the front page
but I need it as a source for an atom feed. Can I do anything to make
this happen?

Thanks.

Re: making a blog invisible?

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> wrote:
> Is there such a thing as making a blog invisible to clients (at least
> remove it from the main roller page where blog entries are aggregated)?
>
> I have one specific blog I don't want anyone to see in the front page
> but I need it as a source for an atom feed. Can I do anything to make
> this happen?

Not without a code change. Each weblog does have an "active" flag
which is designed for use when a blogger goes on a long vacation and
does not want his blog to appear in the hot blogs list and other
community listings - but not recent posts.

I guess you could hack main.jsp to look for that flag and leave posts
from active=false blogs out of the list.

- Dave