Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com> on 2005/11/21 10:10:17 UTC

[m2] RAR plugin

I'm using the RAR plugin and I found out that it does not create a JAR
file to include in the package. So, I invoked the JAR plugin and
everything worked fine. Now, I tried using the install plugin to install
the rar file into my local repository and what happened was the plugin
installed the JAR file into my local repository renaming it as a RAR
file! The generated RAR file was untouched.

Here is what my POM looks like:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <artifactId>my-ra</artifactId>
  <packaging>rar</packaging>
  <name>My Resource Adapter</name>

  <build>
  <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>create-jar</id>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>jar</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
</project>

I called M2 by the command 'mvn install'. Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Henry

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Edwin,

Thanks. Meanwhile, Brett Porter fixed it.

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 11/25/05, Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com> wrote:

> Stephane.
>
> I was looking at the source of RAR plugin and found these:
>
> 1) if includeJar == true and jar file does not exist, the plugin does
> nothing.
>
> 2) the rar plugin does not call project.getArtifact().setFile(
> generatedRarFile ) at the end of the execution so that
> maven-install-plugin can locate the packaged artifact and copy it into
> the local repository.
>
> I think those caused the issues being raised by henry.
>

> Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
> >Well it should. Could you please show your POM and the structure of your
> >project please?
> >
> >Thx,
> >Stéphane
> >
> >On 11/21/05, Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm using the RAR plugin and I found out that it does not create a JAR
> >>file to include in the package. So, I invoked the JAR plugin and
> >>everything worked fine. Now, I tried using the install plugin to install
> >>the rar file into my local repository and what happened was the plugin
> >>installed the JAR file into my local repository renaming it as a RAR
> >>file! The generated RAR file was untouched.
> >>
> >>Here is what my POM looks like:
> >>
> >><project>
> >><modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> >>
> >><artifactId>my-ra</artifactId>
> >><packaging>rar</packaging>
> >><name>My Resource Adapter</name>
> >>
> >><build>
> >><plugins>
> >><plugin>
> >><groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >><artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
> >><version>2.0</version>
> >><executions>
> >><execution>
> >><id>create-jar</id>
> >><phase>compile</phase>
> >><goals>
> >><goal>jar</goal>
> >></goals>
> >></execution>
> >></executions>
> >></plugin>
> >></plugins>
> >></build>
> >>
> >><dependencies>
> >></project>
> >>
> >>I called M2 by the command 'mvn install'. Any thoughts would be greatly
> >>appreciated.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Henry

> >--
> >.::You're welcome ::.

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
Stephane.

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Well it should. Could you please show your POM and the structure of your
project please?

Thx,
Stéphane

On 11/21/05, Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:

> I'm using the RAR plugin and I found out that it does not create a JAR
> file to include in the package. So, I invoked the JAR plugin and
> everything worked fine. Now, I tried using the install plugin to install
> the rar file into my local repository and what happened was the plugin
> installed the JAR file into my local repository renaming it as a RAR
> file! The generated RAR file was untouched.
>
> Here is what my POM looks like:
>
> <project>
> <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>
> <artifactId>my-ra</artifactId>
> <packaging>rar</packaging>
> <name>My Resource Adapter</name>
>
> <build>
> <plugins>
> <plugin>
> <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.0</version>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <id>create-jar</id>
> <phase>compile</phase>
> <goals>
> <goal>jar</goal>
> </goals>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> </plugin>
> </plugins>
> </build>
>
> <dependencies>
> </project>
>
> I called M2 by the command 'mvn install'. Any thoughts would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Henry

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>That bug is fixed in SVN - however, I'm not sure that the exceution
>should be needed, but I don't quite understand what you are attempting
>- hopefully someone with more RAR experience than me (that's anyone :)
>will know the answers.
>
>- Brett

There are two problems I encountered using M2 version 2.0. The first is
that when I set <packaging>rar</packaging> in my pom, M2 compiles my
sources and creates a RAR file but my compiled sources which should be
in a JAR file that should be included in the packaged RAR file is not
created. I solved that problem by using the JAR plugin. The next problem
is that when I try to install the RAR file, M2 copies the JAR file into
my local repository and renames it into a RAR file. What should happen
is that the RAR file (which contains the JAR file) is that one that
should be copied. It seems that the artifact installer looks for a JAR
file and copies it into the repository and just renames it into the
required packaging.

Hope this clears things up. Anyway, I'm going to try using the fixed
version in SVN. This may solve my problems. Thanks!

Regards,
Henry

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The one about jar attachment he referred to - nothing to do with RAR.

Re: [m2] RAR plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Brett,

What did you fix?
Thanks,
Stéphane

On 11/21/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That bug is fixed in SVN - however, I'm not sure that the exceution
> should be needed, but I don't quite understand what you are attempting
> - hopefully someone with more RAR experience than me (that's anyone :)
> will know the answers.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 11/21/05, Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:
> > I'm using the RAR plugin and I found out that it does not create a JAR
> > file to include in the package. So, I invoked the JAR plugin and
> > everything worked fine. Now, I tried using the install plugin to install
> > the rar file into my local repository and what happened was the plugin
> > installed the JAR file into my local repository renaming it as a RAR
> > file! The generated RAR file was untouched.
> >
> > Here is what my POM looks like:
> >
> > <project>
> > <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> >
> > <artifactId>my-ra</artifactId>
> > <packaging>rar</packaging>
> > <name>My Resource Adapter</name>
> >
> > <build>
> > <plugins>
> > <plugin>
> > <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> > <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
> > <version>2.0</version>
> > <executions>
> > <execution>
> > <id>create-jar</id>
> > <phase>compile</phase>
> > <goals>
> > <goal>jar</goal>
> > </goals>
> > </execution>
> > </executions>
> > </plugin>
> > </plugins>
> > </build>
> >
> > <dependencies>
> > </project>
> >
> > I called M2 by the command 'mvn install'. Any thoughts would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Henry

.::You're welcome ::.