Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 15:16:05 UTC

[ACS 42] Problem when creating template from Root-disk

Hi Guys,

I got a problem with my acs 42 installation :

Trying to create a template from an existing vm, but it never become
available.
It keeps in state "Ready : No"

On my secondary storage, the right directory is well created, but it
doesn't contain the template.properties file.

I didn't found any mgmt server logs entries that could explain me the
reason why the template isn't available.

I've tried to restart my mgmt server daemon and also my ssvm and my nfs
secondary storage daemon, but no changes.

Any idea about my problem ?

Also, my secondary storage is 96% full, could this be a part of the root
cause of the problem ?

I have also tried to delete this template from the UI, but i got this error
msg : "Failed to update state".

In the mgmt server log i got theses entries :

2013-10-21 14:53:35,945 ERROR [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
(Job-Executor-2:job-591 = [ 481fa987-3967-44c1-90d7-1a6c7dfb49ac ])
Unexpected exception while executing
org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.template.DeleteTemplateCmd
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Failed to update state
    at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.image.store.TemplateObject.processEvent(TemplateObject.java:164)
    at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.image.TemplateServiceImpl.deleteTemplateAsync(TemplateServiceImpl.java:558)
    at
com.cloud.template.HypervisorTemplateAdapter.delete(HypervisorTemplateAdapter.java:324)
    at
com.cloud.utils.component.ComponentInstantiationPostProcessor$InterceptorDispatcher.intercept(ComponentInstantiationPostProcessor.java:125)
    at
com.cloud.template.TemplateManagerImpl.deleteTemplate(TemplateManagerImpl.java:1080)
    at
com.cloud.utils.component.ComponentInstantiationPostProcessor$InterceptorDispatcher.intercept(ComponentInstantiationPostProcessor.java:125)
    at
org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.template.DeleteTemplateCmd.execute(DeleteTemplateCmd.java:112)
    at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:158)
    at
com.cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl$1.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:531)
    at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.fsm.NoTransitionException: Unable to transition
to a new state from Creating via DestroyRequested
    at com.cloud.utils.fsm.StateMachine2.getNextState(StateMachine2.java:83)
    at com.cloud.utils.fsm.StateMachine2.transitTo(StateMachine2.java:100)
    at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.datastore.ObjectInDataStoreManagerImpl.update(ObjectInDataStoreManagerImpl.java:301)
    at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.image.store.TemplateObject.processEvent(TemplateObject.java:162)
    ... 22 more

Any clues ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Benoit.

Re: [ACS 42] Problem when creating template from Root-disk

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Okay, i've found the problem :

Connect onto ssvm vm and ran /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh

My nfs fs is read only ..

Regards, Benoit.