Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/30 14:23:57 UTC

Towards Drill 1.21.1

Hello all,
It looks like we're ready to start with Drill 1.21.1.  I just submitted a PR that I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bug fix or not. Basically, I found that when I was working with some Excel files that had formula errors, Drill would throw exceptions.
The original intent was to make it so that the files would at least read, but I realized that the user might want to configure this, so it expanded a bit.  I don't know if this qualifies as a bug fix or not, but if it does, the PR is ready for review.
Best,
-- C

Re: Towards Drill 1.21.1

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
I for one don't have to squint too hard for that to look like a fix :-)

There's also an edge case regression in the async Parquet reader that's
just been reported [1]. I've only spent a short while with it but my
sense is that I'll be able to take care of it pretty quickly.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-8416