Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Takashi Imoto <t-...@ak.jp.nec.com> on 2019/12/17 06:22:16 UTC

RE: [OpenIV:0686] RE: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"

To: Rahul-san.

Thank you for comments.

> Why you are manually selecting the corealtion candidates?  it should be automated.

Auto correlation feature list up correlate candidate, and from candidate variable we select variable that should be correlated.

In our experience, the variables that different from last execution are sometime no correlate variable.
For example, value is timestamp, its value is different every time, but it is no correlated variable.

If we have good engine for clarify correlate value by formatting, we want to adopt automated feature.
But I think it is reasonable to select correlated variable at first release.

> Rule should be applied once for all apis where we have correlation and accordingly script should be updated.
> I don't think any significance of rule file here, if you want to reuse corelation then candidates should be picked from existing apis by reading in memory, any s

Sorry I’m not clear the mean of “apis”.

Correlation is apply for each scripts (load by page view).

If you can, would you try our branch?
I want your feedback of using our feature.

Thanks.

Posted by Rahul Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imoto,

Thanks for considering, below are my comments.

On Tuesday, December 17, 2019, Takashi Imoto <t-...@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> To: Rahul-san.
>

> Thank you for comments.
>

> > Why you are manually selecting the corealtion candidates?  it should be
> automated.
>

> Auto correlation feature list up correlate candidate, and from candidate
> variable we select variable that should be correlated.
>

> In our experience, the variables that different from last execution are
> sometime no correlate variable.
>
> For example, value is timestamp, its value is different every time, but it
> is no correlated variable.
>

> If we have good engine for clarify correlate value by formatting, we want
> to adopt automated feature.
>
> But I think it is reasonable to select correlated variable at first
> release.
>
>  > we already have good engine which will help us to make it automatic
> rather than selecting manually, because as per your approach it's
> correlation not complete auto correlation. I will share the same in my
> design approach , on which I am working for auto correlation and o
>

> > Rule should be applied once for all apis where we have correlation and
> accordingly script should be updated.
>
> > I don't think any significance of rule file here, if you want to reuse
> corelation then candidates should be picked from existing apis by reading
> in memory, any s
>

> Sorry I’m not clear the mean of “apis”.
>

> Correlation is apply for each scripts (load by page view).
>

> If you can, would you try our branch?
>
> I want your feedback of using our feature.
>
>     > Sure I will share the feedback, but sorry design
       approach shared by you not looking effective from
       jmeter point of view as we are again going into
       manual process and redundant steps involved.