Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 19:50:00 UTC

Optional container services

Hi,

I found that the following optional container services are never used by the
container:

PortletEnvironmentService
PortletInvokerService
UserInfoAttributesService

What are the purposes of these interfaces?

Regards.
--
ZHENG Zhong
- http://heavyz.blogspot.com/

Re: Optional container services

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
not currently implemented, just ideas which need to be flushed out.

PortletEnvironmentService. . .plugin for creating API impls - i.e.
ActionRequests, PortletSession, etc. . .

PortletInvokerService . . .plugin for invoking the portlet. Default
uses cross context dispatch, jetspeed and other enterprise portals
will need other methods.

UserInfoAttributesService. . .see craigs comments.

At least the 2nd two should remain and need to be flushed out.

I'll be offline for a while. . .my wife gave birth to our 4th child today!

David

On 2/10/06, Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that the following optional container services are never used by the
> container:
>
> PortletEnvironmentService
> PortletInvokerService
> UserInfoAttributesService
>
> What are the purposes of these interfaces?
>
> Regards.
> --
> ZHENG Zhong
>  - http://heavyz.blogspot.com/
>  - http://people.apache.org/~zheng/

Re: Optional container services

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Hi Zheng,

I don't know about the other two, but I have been working for the last few
days on a UserInfoAttributesService implementation, which covers PLT.17 of
the JSR-168 spec. This is a bare-bones implementation of the spec's
requirements, reading the values of attributes defined in PLT.D from a
properties file.

If you plan on reorganizing the pluto-optional-services module soon,
please let me know.

TIA
/Craig
Craig Doremus