Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dark Origin <da...@w00p.dk> on 2003/04/20 22:26:52 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting problem

Hello Mike,

Sunday, April 20, 2003, 9:53:04 PM, you wrote:

MW> On Sunday 20 April 2003 01:58 pm, Dark Origin wrote:
>> Hello Sparky,
>>
>> Sunday, April 20, 2003, 8:56:41 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> SK> I thought I had this problem whipped but I don't. I can't get
>> named virtual SK> hosts working. I'm running Apache 2.0.40 under
>> RedHat 8.0. Here's the SK> config:
>>
>> SK> NameVirtualHost *
>>
>> SK> #
>> SK> # VirtualHost example:
>> SK> # Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost
>> container. SK> # The first VirtualHost section is used for requests
>> without a known SK> # server name.
>> SK> <VirtualHost www.blackmesa-isp.net>
>> SK>     ServerName www.blackmesa-isp.net
>> SK>     ServerAdmin webmaster@blackmesa-isp.net
>> SK>     DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>> SK> </VirtualHost>
>> SK> #
>> SK> <VirtualHost www.emsbureau.com>
>> SK>     ServerAdmin webmaster@emsbureau.com
>> SK>     ServerName www.emsbureau.com
>> SK>     DocumentRoot /httpd/development
>> SK> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> SK> It's exactly like the Apache documentation but does not work.
>> When I try to SK> hit www.emsbureau.com I get my primary web site,
>> not the pages in the SK> emsbureau DocumentRoot.
>>
>> SK> Can someone help that knows what's going on here??
>>
>> SK> Appreciate the help.

>> The VirtualHost tags need to be the same.. and that is your IP
>> address.. The IP address of the computer that runs the httpd.
>>
>> Mine looks like this:
>>
>> <VirtualHost 172.16.10.21>
>>              ServerName www.w00p.dk
>>              ServerAdmin admin@w00p.dk
>>              DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost 172.16.10.21>
>>              ServerName mail.w00p.dk
>>              ServerAdmin admin@w00p.dk
>>              DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost 172.16.10.21>
>>              ServerName clan.w00p.dk
>>              ServerAdmin admin@w00p.dk
>>              DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
>> </VirtualHost>

MW> But can you provide different DocumentRoots to each Virtual Server?

MW> Mike W
MW> - --
MW> Registered Linux - 256979
MW> NRA Life
MW> ARS: WØTMW

well, it works for w00p.dk (my site)

clan.w00p.dk and w00p.dk is placed in different dirs. I just entered
those values quickly.. had to do dinner.

What they should have been was:
1st:
DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html

2nd:
DocumentRoot /home/mail

3rd:
DocumentRoot /home/clan

sorry about that !

--
Best regards,
 Dark
admin at w00p.dk

Re: Re[2]: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting problem

Posted by Mike W <mi...@crucis.net>.

dangerous content by F-Prot and MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.