Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Fred Janon <fj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/28 02:36:07 UTC

[james-dev] Prefix?

Would it be possible to add the list prefix in the title for all the James
lists?

Re: [james-dev] Prefix?

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Personally, I prefer the [james-dev:00***] style prefixes
(Prefix of the name of MailingList and Sequence Numbers),
because some folks tend to multi-post to the MLs in apache.org ;-)

I have a positive proof that ezmlm can append the prefixes to
each mails' subjects. (I am moderating several MLs using ezmlm)
I think this is related to the config (-f option) of each MLs,
however, it is very inconvenient to use because it is *not*
default setting (and I had to write the regex to rewrite
the subjects).

I think 'Re: [james-dev] ***' can be converted to '[james-dev] Re: ***',
using regular expressions... (Of course, delete duplicated []s, etc.)

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:09:11 -0400
(Subject: RE: [james-dev] Prefix?)
"Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> > > Would it be possible to add the list prefix in the title
> > > for all the James lists?
>
> > I don't think EZMLM allows subject rewriting... Sorry.
>
> Personally, I like not having those prefixes.  I filter by envelope,
> instead.
>
> 	--- Noel

E-mail: kitahata@bb.mbn.or.jp : tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

RE: [james-dev] Prefix?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> Personally, I like not having those prefixes.  I filter by envelope,
> instead.

+1

RE: [james-dev] Prefix?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

RE: [james-dev] Prefix?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> I don't think EZMLM allows subject rewriting... Sorry.
> One more reason to use James, maybe? :-) :-) :-)

Oh ha ha. ;-)

Re: [james-dev] Prefix?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 28/6/03 1:36, "Fred Janon" <fj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to add the list prefix in the title for all the James
> lists?

I don't think EZMLM allows subject rewriting... Sorry.
One more reason to use James, maybe? :-) :-) :-)

    Pier