Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Klinkenberg <pa...@ongevraagdadvies.nl> on 2015/06/14 20:47:21 UTC

Compile httpd module for distribution

Hi list members,

After an earlier mail from this list gave me the right directions to compile the mod_cfml module for Windows, I now seem to struggle with a follow-up problem: compiling for distribution.
I thought a compiled version of the module would work on other computers as well, when using the same OS + 32/64 bit-ness + httpd major version. But, very much too late, did I find out this wasn't the case.

I did test the compiled version on other machines, but these machines had Visual Studio installed. In this case, the module can be loaded.
But now, on a machine without Visual Studio, "httpd -t" returns the following:
    c:\Apache24\bin>httpd -t
    httpd: Syntax error on line 179 of C:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load modules/mod_cfml.so into server: The specified module could not be found.

Please be assured the actual .so file is in it's place, and has no file lock settings or whatever. For sure.

I compiled 2 mod_cfml.so files for Windows + httpd 2.4: https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/tree/master/C/builds <https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/tree/master/C/builds>
I compiled it using these instructions: https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/tree/master/C#compile-for-windows <https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/tree/master/C#compile-for-windows>

Can anybody tell me what I should do differently, to be able to create a redistributable module?

Thanks, kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg