Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/08 11:55:28 UTC

About Node2Object Databinding Transformer

Hi Raymond,

Presently the :
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.xml.Node2Objecttransformer's
'getText' method returns the xml text as is packed with
whitespaces.  Can it return the text after trimming it ? ...

protected String getText(Node source) {
        if (source instanceof Document) {
            source = ((Document)source).getDocumentElement();
        }
        return source.getTextContent().trim();
    }

The reason I ask for this is that it makes a difference when configuring
component properties. i.e.

<property name="greeting">Hi There</property>

is different from ...

<property name="greeting">
      Hi There
</property>

The second one returns the property value packed with whitespaces (including
the newline char).  Also for numerical property values we might have have
problems in parsing.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: About Node2Object Databinding Transformer

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

Is there where you recommend the fix to be in SimpleTypeMapperExtension

public Object toJavaObject(TypeInfo simpleType, String value,
TransformationContext context) {

value = value.trim()

Shall I make this change and commit ?  Please let me know.  Thanks

- Venkat

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,