Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 2001/01/24 01:40:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server vhost.c

trawick@locus.apache.org wrote:
>trawick     00/12/16 04:54:54
>
>  Modified:    server   vhost.c
>  Log:
>  Use apr_parse_addr_port() in fix_hostname().  This simplifies the
>  code by a small (okay, tiny) amount and lets IPv6 numeric address
>  strings be passed through.

Since I've been looking at this code in 1.3 I thought I'd check that
it's up-to-date in 2.0. It isn't -- it needs the internationalized dns
mods (which I'm doing now) -- but it's also broken. A host header
containing just digits gets parsed in a *really* dubious fashion.
apr_parse_addr_port seems totally inappropriate here.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
"If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would never have believed it!"