Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jerry Milgram <Je...@crd.com> on 2004/02/05 23:32:47 UTC

serializing interfaces implemented by JavaBean's - future Axis feature?

I modified classes in the ora.apache.axis.encoding.ser package that deal
with bean and array serialization so that I can specify an interface in
my wsdd that is implemented by a corresponding JavaBean.  A few places
expect to deal with a concrete class (e.g., creating new instances, the
"abstract=true" issue, and the array type lookup); otherwise things
worked well.  I do see an open bug (21973) that is related.

My question is: Can we expect a future version of Axis to incorporate
changes like this?  It is very useful to allow different implementations
of these same interfaces for *non-SOAP* scenarios.

Another question: Is there a way to specify the type mapping from the
interface to the JavaBean in the wsdd?  At the moment I have my own
(proprietary) scheme for this.

Thanks!

Jerry Milgram

JerryMilgram@crd.com