Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl> on 2019/10/23 13:31:53 UTC

Stalebot

Hi all,

I would suggest enabling Stalebot on the parquet-mr repo:
https://probot.github.io/apps/stale/

Right now we have a lot of stale PR's there which have many conflicts and
are not very likely to get merged anytime soon. The stalebot will mark the
Pull Request as stale after 60 days of inactivity, and close it after a
week if there isn't any further activity. This will reduce the number of
stale repositories.

What do you think?

Cheers, Fokko

Re: Stalebot

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Okay, I won't enable such a bot.

I have good experiences with it at Airflow. It isn't very aggressive with
the closing, it will first ping you, and then it will be closed. If there
is any activity again, then it will take again 60 days for the ping. Also,
you can add a label to let stalebot know that it shouldn't touch that PR.
But I see the point that the Parquet doesn't have too much volume in terms
of PR's.

Cheers, Fokko

Re: Stalebot

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.