Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rau NF <nf...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/07 23:09:01 UTC

finding number of threads being used by Tomcat

Hello - Is there a way (programmatically or otherwise) to find the number of threads being  used by Tomcat while it's running ? This will be some number between minProcessors and maxProcessors.

kill -3 on the JVM and getting the number of threads from the thread dump is not an option.

Thanks
Rau

Re: finding number of threads being used by Tomcat

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
In tomcat5 - this is "easy" to do via JMX. (the manager app has status
servlet, or look into JMXProxy servlet for more control but its harder to use)

  In tomcat 4 - I don't know how much connector stuff is exposed.

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.