Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 16:01:58 UTC

Valid URL?

Greetings;

I am trying to implement a GData-style data service using Abdera
GData has a nice way of searching for Categories, which I  am
implementing.
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/reference.html#Queries
But Abdera is barfing on the GData syntax.
It does not like the embedded "{}".

Is the following a valid URL:: http://localhost:60080/hcdata/v1/
rentals/trips/-/{urn:rentals.foo}test0

org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.ClientException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid uri 'http://localhost:
60080/hcdata/v1/rentals/trips/-/{urn:rentals.foo}test0': escaped
absolute path not valid
         at org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.execute
(AbderaClient.java:415)
         at org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.get
(AbderaClient.java:129)
         at
com.homeaway.hcdata.store.provider.hcdata.HcdataTestCase.clientGet
(HcdataTestCase.java:139)
         at
com.homeaway.hcdata.store.provider.hcdata.HcdataTestCase.clientGet
(HcdataTestCase.java:117)
         at
com.homeaway.hcdata.store.provider.hcdata.dbstore.DBstoreTestCase.getPag
e(DBstoreTestCase.java:241)

Thanks,
-- Chris

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com

Re: Valid URL?

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
I was confused because the GData doc was not encoding them -- but was
others  (e.g. "|")

Re: Valid URL?

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.