Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Alex Levenson <al...@twitter.com.INVALID> on 2015/07/17 02:44:31 UTC

Propose releasing parquet 1.8.1

Hello,

A bug was found in parquet 1.8.0 that was introduced just before the
release of 1.8.0 (PARQUET-336)

The fix is now in master, and I'd like to start the process of releasing a
1.8.1 with the fix. I checked, and I'm able to `mvn deploy` a snapshot to
the snapshot repository (after some setup) -- so I will go ahead and follow
the instructions here:
http://parquet.apache.org/documentation/how-to-release/ and send out a VOTE
thread.

The fix is very minor, and probably critical to anyone using filter
predicates, so I'd like to do this (minor) release ASAP.

Sound good?

Thanks!
Alex

--