Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Corley <Ja...@togethersoft.com> on 2002/05/17 16:25:40 UTC

ant tools for 3.3 and dtomcat3/rc script

Would it be possible to take Keith's tomcat3 JSP precompiler and add it as an option to dtomcat3 (and rc script for the RPM)?  What I'm thinking of is being able to run:
	/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat3 precompile
	/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat3 start
Henri you've probably already thought about this for the 3.3.2 release RPM; were you planning on trying to implement?

Jason Corley, UNIX/Linux System Administrator
TogetherSoft Corporation
900 Main Campus Drive, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27606
o: 1-919-833-5550 x1531, m: 1-919-795-3703
Jason.Corley@TogetherSoft.com

TogetherSoft's mission is "improving the ways people work together."  Our flagship product, Together ControlCenter, is the Model-Build-Deploy Platform.  http://www.togethersoft.com/

RE: ant tools for 3.3 and dtomcat3/rc script

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>.
No, for a Tomcat which has already been installed,
you should use the JspC tomcat option to precompile
JSPs.

What I did is to create an Ant task with the same
functionality as the already-present JspC option,
for use in build environments.

Keith