Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/10 22:26:23 UTC

jline with maven console

Hi ,

i was going through the documentation for maven console goal, and really
like the jline tool which remembers history of maven commands and tab
completion for maven console. Is anybody using it in the project?  Here
is what the maven console documentation says:

" It is possible to add completion and history to the console, however
it requires the use of an external library. This library is licensed
under the LPGL, and so cannot be used in the console by default, but can
be downloaded from JLine <http://jline.sf.net>".

I like this thing and would like to include in the documentation on "how
to use maven" for this project. Would there be any other issues in using
jline apart from the fact that the user would have to explicitly
download it and add it to the repository.

--
Karan Singh

Re: jline with maven console

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Brett,

You might want to mention the bash wrapper you showed me that does
hinting in a standard bash shell.

-dain

Re: jline with maven console

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: jline with maven console

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Karan,

On Sep 10, 2005, at 1:26 PM, karan malhi wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> i was going through the documentation for maven console goal, and
> really like the jline tool which remembers history of maven
> commands and tab completion for maven console. Is anybody using it
> in the project?  Here is what the maven console documentation says:
>
> " It is possible to add completion and history to the console,
> however it requires the use of an external library. This library is
> licensed under the LPGL, and so cannot be used in the console by
> default, but can be downloaded from JLine <http://jline.sf.net>".
>
> I like this thing and would like to include in the documentation on
> "how to use maven" for this project. Would there be any other
> issues in using jline apart from the fact that the user would have
> to explicitly download it and add it to the repository.

I think this is a good thing to document. When we get the "how to..."
going this will be good to add.

Craig

> --
> Karan Singh