Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com> on 2020/05/28 10:07:54 UTC

How to build apache ignite binaries using source code for C++ platform

Hi Team,

We want to build apache ignite binary using apache-ignite-2.8.0-src source
code.
We are using below command to build the same-
mvn clean package -DskipTests

But looks like it is downloading too many dependencies for the same.
Can we build it only for C++ platform? if yes how?
Also is it possible to build the binaries without internet connection?

regards,
Rakshita Chaudhary

Re: How to build apache ignite binaries using source code for C++ platform

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

C++ code is not built using maven, it uses atuotools or msvc instead.
see ignite/modules/platforms/cpp/DEVNOTES.txt for instructions.

And yes, it does not require internet connection to be built.

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
You need to look in the $IGNITE_HOME/platforms/cpp directory of the binary distribution. The instructions are in DEVNOTES.txt. Basically, run a bunch of autotools scripts and then make.

Regards,
Stephen