Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by MengYing Wang <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/06 12:19:25 UTC

Parse-tika plugin with tika (1.7-SNAPSHOT) can't retrieve any parser

Dear everyone,

Following tutorial
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/trunk/src/plugin/parse-tika/howto_upgrade_tika.txt,
have downloaded the nutch trunk and built the Nutch to use a special tika (1
.7-SNAPSHOT). However, the tika-parser cannot parse any document with the
error that "Can't retrieve Tika parser for mime-type xxxx".
If I change the tika version back to the default 1.6. Then the tika-parser
works. Also, similar to posting
http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg12067.html, this
problem could be avoided by running Nutch in the Eclipse instead of with
shell. But anyone knows about the reasons of the problem? And maybe how to
solve it? Many thanks.

Best,
Mengying (Angela) Wang

Re: [nsf-polar-usc-students] Parse-tika plugin with tika (1.7-SNAPSHOT) can't retrieve any parser

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Angela.

I think this should go to dev@nutch.apache.org instead.
[moving dev@tika to BCC]

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Angela.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angela,
Please post your stack trace/log4j WARN/log4j ERROR into this thread.
If you have a consolidated patch from which we can apply to the trunk
codebase and test that I will fork and do it locally.
I have been working with SNAPSHOT' dependencies in Nutch (via Ivy) for
around 2 years and I have also had problems for around 2 years. Dependency
management between Ivy and Maven is not trivial. Ivy does not do too well
for Maven SNAPSHOT's.
I would like you to try debugging this.
Can you please post your results.
Thank you
Lewis

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM, MengYing Wang <me...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> Following tutorial
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/trunk/src/plugin/parse-tika/howto_upgrade_tika.txt, I
> have downloaded the nutch trunk and built the Nutch to use a special tika (1
> .7-SNAPSHOT). However, the tika-parser cannot parse any document with the
> error that "Can't retrieve Tika parser for mime-type xxxx".
> If I change the tika version back to the default 1.6. Then the
> tika-parser works. Also, similar to posting
> http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg12067.html, this
> problem could be avoided by running Nutch in the Eclipse instead of with
> shell. But anyone knows about the reasons of the problem? And maybe how to
> solve it? Many thanks.
>
> Best,
> Mengying (Angela) Wang

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nsf-polar-usc-students/CAJX%3DLAvnv4ysCdcB3g3aPvKiOriPwY%3DMnu7Q66WoV24%2BGv9tRQ%40mail.gmail.com