Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Harikrishnan A <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2016/01/18 06:47:48 UTC

Unable to locate Solr Configuration file ( Generated using dsetool )

Hello,
I have created a solr core with automatic resource generation using the below command> dsetool create_core <keyspacename>.<tablename> generateResources=true reindex=trueHowever I am unable to locate the schema.xml and the solrconfig.xml which got created for this core.What is the default location of these configuration files?Can I customize these configuration files once it is generated using the above commands?
Thanks & Regards,Hari

Re: Unable to locate Solr Configuration file ( Generated using dsetool )

Posted by Harikrishnan A <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Sebastian , Jack...This really helps

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Sebastian Estevez<se...@datastax.com> wrote:   You can post it to the server using either curl or dsetool:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.8/datastax_enterprise/srch/srchReldCore.html

use the solrconfig and schema options:

| Option | Settings | Default | Description |
| schema= | path | n/a | Path of the schema file used for reloading the core |
| solrconfig= | path | n/a | Path of the solrconfig file used for reloading the core

All the best,

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology, delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises. Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Harikrishnan A <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Jack ..So how do I customize these resource file.. I mean if I want to add some custom fields or to change the default text analyzer etc..

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

 On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Jack Krupansky<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:   Also, you can (and probably should) use the Solr admin UI console if you simply wish to view the generated resource files.
-- Jack Krupansky
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

As per the DSE Search doc: "Resource files are stored in Cassandra database, not in the file system. The schema.xml and solrconfig.xml resources are persisted in the solr_admin.solr_resources database table":http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.8/datastax_enterprise/srch/srchUpld.html

Use the dsetool get_core_schema and get_core_config commands to retrieve the generated Solr schema and solrconfig files:http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.8/datastax_enterprise/tools/toolsDsetool.html

You can also use the dsetool read_resource command to read any of the Solr resource "files".

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image: