Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2012/02/01 20:10:38 UTC

Tomcat Form Authentication Timeout Behavior

I've noticed that if I POST to an authenticated URL in a web app
configured for form-based authentication, Tomcat delivers the login
form, and then replays the POST just fine *unless* the current state of
the browser is one where I had already been authenticated but that
session had timed out.  In that case, Tomcat fails to deliver the POST data.

I assume this is a known issue/limitation.  If not, is there some
configuration setting I'm missing or some such?  This is with Tomcat 7.0.23.

--
Jess Holle

Re: Tomcat Form Authentication Timeout Behavior

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.