Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Maxim Veksler <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/09 16:34:20 UTC

Exposing java "Map" fields using CXF to C++ code

Hi,

I would like to get the general idea of what can be done with CXF or with
SOAP in general.

Can I use this library to expose java.util.Map based interface for Java,
C++, php, python and co. code.
I would like my user to pass me a list of parameters of Map <String,
List<String>>, which would be used as parameters for implementation class.

Is this possible with CXF or even with SOAP in general ?

Thank you,
Maxim.

--
Cheers,
Maxim Veksler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?

Re: Exposing java "Map" fields using CXF to C++ code

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
CXF can expose a Map in one of three ways:

1) Using the Aegis databinding, CXF will automatically generate a schema
from a Map. Other fully-compliant kits should be able to build clients from
the WSDL that results. It won't, however, necessarily translate into a 'Map'
on the client side.

2) Using CXF 2.1, still in snapshot only, you can use the complex JAXB
mechanisms that allow support for maps.

3) You can roll your own: probably more like an explicit

List<Map.Entry<key, value>>