Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com> on 2010/08/30 17:58:34 UTC

TLS configuration with multiple web apps

Hi There

Our deployment of Tomcat has several web applications, each with their
own cert store. Each web app has a GUI for creating cert requests and
importing certs. we need to configure Tomcat's TLS capability such that
it will authenticate with each web application's certificate store. I
cannot see how to do this from the docs. It seems Tomcat only support
one cert store for all web applications. Furthermore, there doesn't
appear to be a way to specify a path that is relative to the web app
home directory. Any pointers / workarounds to the above would be most
appreciated.

Jamie

RE: TLS configuration with multiple web apps

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: TLS configuration with multiple web apps

> Maybe also to point out a side-effect of multiple connectors
> (and/or multiple tomcats) :
> it also means that each site/application would need a different
> port number also.

Or unique IP addresses.

 - Chuck

Re: TLS configuration with multiple web apps

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>.
Hi Mark

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: TLS configuration with multiple web apps

> To do what you want to do sounds like you'll need one
> connector per webapp which equates to one service +
> connector + engine + host per web app.

Or perhaps one Tomcat per webapp, which might be a bit simpler to administer.

 - Chuck

Re: TLS configuration with multiple web apps

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.