Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Adrian Grealish <ag...@bea.com> on 2005/01/11 23:04:05 UTC

Parameter passing with data grid

Hi,

How do you pass a parameter to the default pager in the data grid?

I have a result set that depends on the parent id to limit the set size
returned from an SQL query but I cannot see how to pass this parameter
when I click the 'next' link on the grid.

I have tried to include the parameter tag inside the 'configurePager'
tag but this results in an error saying the 'configurePager' tag must be
empty.

Next as a test I hard coded the parameter into the pageAction attribute
(pageAction="viewGrid?testSuiteRunId=1") but his results in the
mal-formed URL
"...viewGrid.do?testSuiteRunId=1?netui_page=TestCaseResults~2" which
does not work.

JSP snippet below

<netui-data:dataGrid dataSource="pageInput.testCaseResults"
name="TestCaseResults" disableDefaultPager="false">

                  <netui-data:configurePager pageSize="10"
pageAction="viewGrid?testSuiteRunId=1" />

I can however type this correctly formed URL into internet explorer and
it works ".../viewGrid.do?netui_page=TestCaseResults~2&testSuiteRunId=1"

How do you do this using the netui grid tags?

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Parameter passing with data grid

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@bea.com>.
Adrian--

   Right now, it's not possible to add arbitrary parameters to the pager
query strings, but it'd be something that could definitely added.

   Would be great to understand what you need a little better; can you
explain this a little more?

   Thanks!

Eddie