Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/07/03 00:09:31 UTC

[VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.3.0 (RC2) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.3.0RC2

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.0

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.0RC2:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.0RC2

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.0RC2/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1395/

Artifacts were signed with the ndimiduk@apache.org key which can be found
in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.3.0 (RC2) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. This response was in drafts until tests finished and I didn’t see updates on the thread. No worries I carried this vote forward.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.3.0 (RC2) is available

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
The patch as posted has test problems. Since this is not a new regression
for 2.3.0, I'll go ahead with another RC. If HBASE-24625 is fixed and
there's an RC4, we'll catch it then, otherwise we can pick it up in 2.3.1.
That'll be two critical known issues with 2.3.0.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry but you missed HBASE-24635...

It is a follow up issue for HBASE-24562 so...

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_251): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_251): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* CRUD: ok
* Flush/Compaction: ok
* WebUI: ok
* Load 1M rows using LTT: ok
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_251): failed
 - mvn package -P runAllTests

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   TestVerifyReplication.testVerifyRepJob:132->TestReplicationBase.runSmallBatchTest:340->TestReplicationBase.waitForReplication:136->TestReplicationBase.waitForReplication:145 Waited too much time for normal batch replication
[ERROR]   TestVerifyReplicationAdjunct.testVerifyReplicationWithSnapshotSupport:284->TestReplicationBase.runSmallBatchTest:340->TestReplicationBase.waitForReplication:136->TestReplicationBase.waitForReplication:145 Waited too much time for normal batch replication