Posted to user@ode.apache.org by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> on 2007/12/09 14:55:32 UTC

Howto Control Number of BPEL Instances

BPEL can allow a single instance of itself
to exist or many.  Can I control the number of individual
instances that exist at any time.  Im thinking
that if I wanna put a throttle on my ESB
so it doesnt get over run I would need to
control the instance count or have some way
of setting the MAX count in my deploy.xml.
TIA

Re: Howto Control Number of BPEL Instances

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
If you want to throttle in terms of throughput I would just set a limit on
the thread pool by setting it with:

ode-jbi.threads.pool.size

If you really want to limit the number of instances, we some sort of
throttling interceptor but I had to deactivate it recently due to a
suboptimal implementation in the way it was counting instances. That would
be fairly quick to fix though if you need it.

Cheers,
Matthieu