Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by syed mehdi <sm...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 09:37:03 UTC

[users@httpd] urgent help needed

just wanted to know why LDAP authentication is not working for me in given
case (i have apache2 installed on my ubuntu 606):
i have placed .htaccess with these contents in /user/lib/cgi-bin/mine:
AuthType Basic
AuthName 'LDAP Login (Please do not add domainname\\ before username)'
AuthLDAPURL ldap://
xyz.company.com:543/ou=people,o=company.com?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)<http://xyz.company.com:543/ou=people,o=company.com?uid?sub?%28objectClass=*%29>

<Files "evaluatequery.py">
        require valid-user
</Files>

and whenever i am trying to access url (which executes evaluatequery.py) :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mine/evaluatequery.py
i am not asked for ldap authentication, though the script gets executed
successfully.

please help

Thanks & Regards
Syed