Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ca...@usitc.gov on 2007/02/08 17:36:09 UTC

Single module project --> fails to find organization POM

I have a single module project (edis3-efile) that generates a war.

The pom for this project points to a parent pom.  The parent pom is our
organization POM.

We use proximity as both a proxy to various external repositories (e.g.
central) and our internal repository.

The parent POM is available from proximity.

My maven workstation is set to use proximity as its mirror for central.
I know this is working because it has downloaded all of the various
maven plugins etc from proximity.

I deleted all of our project artifacts from my local repo, so the parent
POM is not in my local repo.

When I run "mvn install" in edis3-efile I get the following error:

<output>

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: gov.usitc
ArtifactId: usitc
Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

  gov.usitc:usitc:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

</output>

gov.usitc:usitc:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT is the orgnizational POM.

Should m2 just retrieve this from proximity?  Any ideas why I am running
into this?

Carlos

Re: Single module project --> fails to find organization POM

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you should declare another "proximity hosted" repository in your POM.

It is quite likely that you have some other repo (eg. inhouse) where
your parent pom resides, but m2 does know about it nothing (as far as
i see from your log excerpt).

Hope helps,
~t~