Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Katie Macpherson <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/07 17:57:09 UTC

Tapestry Users -

I am using an external service on my site that has the potential to
time-out. For this reason I am using a non-blocking thread to poll the
external service to see when it is complete. I would like to display a
the service. For the purposes of this example I have pages *Step1Page*,
*ProcessingPage *and *Step2Page. Step1Page *instatiates the thread and
activates the *ProcessingPage*. *ProcessingPage *starts the thread
(ProcessingPageThread), and then waits on it to finish. Once the
external service has completed I have tried to use cycle.activate() and
also throw new RedirectException() to go to the next page, but I keep
getting this exception:

Exception in thread "ProcessingPageThread"
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to instantiate
component Step2Page/Page
Layout: null
        at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.java:532)...

My questions would be, why am I getting this error? and Is there a
better way to create a "processing" type page in Tapestry that will
fully render itself, and activate the next page in the cycle when complete?

Thanks in advance,
Katie