Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rick <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/09 23:17:08 UTC

any ideas what I did wrong that was fixed by me deleting stuff from local repo?

Ok, I've been going crazy wondering why my parent pom that I checked
into my organization's repo (using Artifactory) wasn't working
correctly when I tried to use it one of my projects using the parent
directive in my project's pom. I kept getting an error about not
having "pom" declared as the package type so I changed in the parent
pom to use "pom" as the package type. However, when I kept trying to
use mvn {anything} in my project I tried all kinds of things wondering
what was going wrong since when I created a foobar project using a
similar construct it was working fine. On a whim I then decided to
blow out my directory in m2 and then everything was fine when I did
mvn deploy.

--
Rick

Re: any ideas what I did wrong that was fixed by me deleting stuff from local repo?

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
starting with a fresh repository always seems to work so whatever was in the
old repository was giving you aberrant errors
not having "pom" declared as the package type seems like "Engine light on"
meaning we're supposed to get excited
over something but have no useful information to tell us what the error is

If you can reproduce the aberrant error message I would update JIRA
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN

Martin