Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/16 05:14:07 UTC

Simper and MySQL - building database error.

I was definitely intrigued when I saw this package and have been trying to
install it.

However, when I try to create the tables in MySQL, I get the error below:

Also, I'm wondering how this fits in with standard DAO and other recommended
design patterns published by Sun.  I'm thinking that I might need to use an
XML database for persistence in some areas of my application - can I use
this for that too?  If not, how hard would it be to "adapt" it.

Please advise of any pros/cons with using this as a persistence mechanism.
It LOOKS great, I just don't want to jump the gun.

Thanks,

Matt

$cat simperdemo.sql | mysql simper;
ERROR 1064 at line 12: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'with time
zone,
        Constraint books_pkey Primary Key (id)
)' at line 5

The SQL I'm using is below.

--
-- SQL commands to generate the simperdemo database
--

CREATE TABLE authors (
	id integer NOT NULL,

CREATE TABLE books (
	id integer NOT NULL,
	id_author integer,
	title text,
	publishdate timestamp with time zone,
	Constraint books_pkey Primary Key (id)
);

CREATE TABLE next_id_table (
	table_name text,
	next_id integer
);

INSERT INTO next_id_table (table_name, next_id) values ('authors', 0);

INSERT INTO next_id_table (table_name, next_id) values ('books', 0);

alter table books add constraint fk_books_authors foreign key (id_author)
references authors (id)

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Yep, I downloaded the .02 release last night - and tried running the load
script.  If anyone has successfully been able to do this - please let me
know (and send your modified script ;)

I've seen dbXML, and have it installed, I'm just wondering how difficult it
would be to "adapt" simper to talk to it...

Thanks,

Matt

Are you using the .02 release? Bryan made some changes to accomodate
MySQL.

http://netmeme.org/simper/

For an XML database, have you seen this?

http://www.dbxml.org/

This is part of xml.apache.org now.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.