Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by jerome creignou <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/22 19:06:20 UTC

NPE in MapperUtil

Hello,

I'm trying to use  file mappers inside a maven plugin with the
file-management shared project.

I've added a fileset definition in the plugin's configuration as follow :
          <plugin>
            <groupId>info.flex-mojos</groupId>
            <artifactId>flex-compiler-mojo</artifactId>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
            <version>2.0M11-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <configuration>
              <includeSources>
                    <param>${basedir}/src</param>
                </includeSources>
              <targetPlayer>9.0.28</targetPlayer>
              <fileset>
                <directory>${basedir}/src</directory>
                <includes>
                  <include>**/*.mxml</include>
                </includes>
                <mapper>
                    <type>flatten</type>
                </mapper>
              </fileset>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>

Unfortunately, I get a NPE while trying to retrieve my mapper :

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.shared.model.fileset.mappers.MapperUtil.getFileNameMapper(MapperUtil.java:114)
        at
info.rvin.mojo.flexmojo.compiler.ApplicationMojo.setUp(ApplicationMojo.java:194)
        at
info.rvin.mojo.flexmojo.AbstractIrvinMojo.execute(AbstractIrvinMojo.java:178)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
        at
        at
        at

I've checked current trunk on shared/file-management, it seems that the
"initializeBuiltIns" call should initialize implementations but it does not.
I have enclosed a trivial patch which should fix this.

Am I missing something ? Is there a better way to handle mappers ?

Jerome.

Re: NPE in MapperUtil

Posted by jerome creignou <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Petar,

I opened an issue in Jira : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-92

I've also enclosed unit tests inside the patch.

Regards,
Jerome

Re: NPE in MapperUtil

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerome,

> [...]

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
>         at
>         at
>         at
>         at
>
> I've checked current trunk on shared/file-management, it seems that the
> "initializeBuiltIns" call should initialize implementations but it does not.
> I have enclosed a trivial patch which should fix this.
>
> Am I missing something ? Is there a better way to handle mappers ?

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

NPE in MapperUtil