Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dan North <da...@wirestation.com> on 2000/05/15 16:42:33 UTC

Cocoon on IRC

Just out of curiosity, how many people on this list a) have access to IRC b)
would find it useful to have, for example, a #cocoon channel on IRCNet (or
whichever is your preferred network)?

Also, would any of our illustrious developers be prepared to either lurk or
participate if we did this?  IMHO, the amount of traffic on this list and the
nature of the questions might be more quickly resolved in an interactive
environment.  Given the tone and mind-set of the list, I think it would be
quite a friendly place to be!

Anyway, I'm currently lurking in #cocoon on IRCNet, so if anyone fancies
joining me you're welcome :o)

Dan North <da...@wirestation.com>

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 03:42:33PM +0100, Dan North wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, how many people on this list a) have access to IRC b)
> would find it useful to have, for example, a #cocoon channel on IRCNet (or
> whichever is your preferred network)?

Personally I'd find that helpful and (generally) productive, yes. I already
lurk in a private IRC network (internal to the company).

> Also, would any of our illustrious developers be prepared to either lurk or
> participate if we did this?

Dunno if I count as an illustrious developer, but it'd certainly be good
for the people who are building this thing, and the people using it to
have a bit of 'face to face'.

> Anyway, I'm currently lurking in #cocoon on IRCNet, so if anyone fancies
> joining me you're welcome :o)

How does OPN grab people? (I'm not a great fan of packet kiddies)

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Echoes <ec...@free.fr>.
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> on 5/15/00 10:13 AM, Echoes at echoes@free.fr wrote:
>
> > And perhaps 99% if :
> > - a clean documentation was written (I know it costs a lots of time,
> > but getting started with cocoon is quite painful)
> > - the archives were searchable.
> >
> > Fabrice
> > - a clean documentation was written
> Go for it!

 I'll be happy to help but I don't think i'm ready by now.
I have to use it a lot more to be confortable with the
framework.

> > - the archives were searchable.
> True..I don't know how this can get done at the moment.

 This is very sad. It makes the archives quite useless.

	Fabrice

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 5/15/00 10:13 AM, Echoes at echoes@free.fr wrote:

> And perhaps 99% if :
> - a clean documentation was written (I know it costs a lots of time,
> but getting started with cocoon is quite painful)
> - the archives were searchable.
>
> Fabrice
> - a clean documentation was written
Go for it!

> - the archives were searchable.
True..I don't know how this can get done at the moment.

there is a searchable archive of the dev list at http://www.geocrawler.com/
in the web section

mike

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Echoes wrote:

> Mike Engelhart wrote:
>
> > Actually 90% of the questions on this list would be better answered if
> > people read the FAQ or searched the archives.
> >
> > Mike
>
>  And perhaps 99% if :
> - a clean documentation was written (I know it costs a lots of time,
>   but getting started with cocoon is quite painful)

so do it!

> - the archives were searchable.

if the archives are available in mbox format, i'll be happy to setup a
mhonarc or hypermail archive.

- donald

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Echoes <ec...@free.fr>.

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <J....@bton.ac.uk>.
Dan,

most universities block the access to the IRC channels. :(

Juan

Re: Cocoon on IRC

Posted by Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>.
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Dan North wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, how many people on this list a) have access to IRC b)
> would find it useful to have, for example, a #cocoon channel on IRCNet (or
> whichever is your preferred network)?

irc.openprojects.net is a good place for this sort of channel. And yeah,
I'd consider IRC if it were available for realtime help. And anyway,
nobody there got to my nick first *grin*

> Also, would any of our illustrious developers be prepared to either lurk or
> participate if we did this?  IMHO, the amount of traffic on this list and the
> nature of the questions might be more quickly resolved in an interactive
> environment.  Given the tone and mind-set of the list, I think it would be
> quite a friendly place to be!

Quite possibly freindly - I know of few channels that aren't. Well, OK,
few that I have frequented in the past.

> Anyway, I'm currently lurking in #cocoon on IRCNet, so if anyone fancies
> joining me you're welcome :o)

Hmm. I'll crank up a client and see. How m

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com