Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2014/02/02 12:58:28 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] Release commons-skin-4 based on RC1

Hi all,

I've integrated the changes Thomas Neidhart made to commons-skin in his
github repo [1] into trunk. Commons Skin now uses bootstrap for rendering,
which would give our sites a fresh new appearance. So I'd like to call a
vote by lazy consensus to release commons-skin-4 based on RC1.

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1004

The tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-skin/tags/commons-skin-4-RC1

The site:

none.

Some examples:

http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-sites-fluido/cms-site
http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-sites-fluido/commons-codec
http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-sites-fluido/commons-collections
http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-sites-fluido/commons-lang

Instructions to try it out yourself:

- checkout the tag
- mvn clean install the tag
- checkout commons-parent
- change the site.xml in commons-parent to use commons-skin-4
- mvn clean install the parent
- change pom.xml of the component you want to build to use commons-parent
33-SNAPSHOT
- mvn clean site

This VOTE by LAZY-CONSENSUS is open for at least 72 hours. It will finish
no earlier than February 5 at 13:00 CET.

No need to vote unless you think there is a problem, in which case please
vote -1 and explain what the issue is.

Thanks!
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/netomi/commons-skin-fluido

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Release commons-skin-4 based on RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks Benedikt for keeping the train moving on this one.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Release commons-skin-4 based on RC1

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hey,

2014-02-02 Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>:

> On 2/2/14, 10:14 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> his
> call

> >> something
> >> Right, which means it is *not* a public release.  We have to get it
> >> deployed at least the ASF maven repo so the site can be built using
> >> it; but we should be clear about the fact that we are not releasing
> >> it as software.
> >>
> > Hm, so all the skin files will NOT end up in each component zip/tars but
> > they will be ON each components site, which if I, a random user, deploy
> the
> > generated site to my server, will then be deploying the skin. Does that
> > matter?
>
> IMO, no, it does not matter.  Like all of the maven stuff, plugins,
> etc, we are not distributing this in the source tarballs, which
> *are* the release, so we are not releasing this stuff.

Yes we're not releasing this. dist.apache.org neither contains commons-skin
nor commons-parent source tarballs. We just have to push it to maven
central so that our build can pick it up. Sorry that the poor wording
caused confusion.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.