Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/07/15 14:23:37 UTC

CXF releases tomorrow…

It's been 2 months since we did the last CXF releases so it's definitely time.   I'm heading on vacation next week so I'd like to get them done before then.   Thus, I'm planning on doing the builds tomorrow.   If you have anything that needs to get in that might not make it, please shout.

Also, what are peoples thoughts about making this the last 2.5.x build?

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF releases tomorrow…

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On 15/07/13 13:23, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> It's been 2 months since we did the last CXF releases so it's definitely time.   I'm heading on vacation next week so I'd like to get them done before then.   Thus, I'm planning on doing the builds tomorrow.   If you have anything that needs to get in that might not make it, please shout.
>

> Also, what are peoples thoughts about making this the last 2.5.x build?

Sounds good - very few fixes go into 2.5.x, and we'll have fewer
branches to maintain for the next few months :-)

Sergey

RE: CXF releases tomorrow…

Posted by "Bickerton, Alec" <Al...@sunrise.net>.
Hi,

Could you also make a release of xjc-utils?
I've been waiting since March for a real version since issue CXF-4899 was resolved.

Alec,
Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
Cool, thanks, I've just tested and it's fixed.

Alessio

On 07/16/2013 01:15 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Alessio,
>
> This should now be fixed on trunk/2.7.x.  (and test case added)  Will merge to 2.6.x shortly.
>
> Dan
>

> On Jul 15, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> That's definitely a bug…..  Looking into it.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Jul 15, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dan,

>>> I've just tried integrating the latest 2.7.6-SNAPSHOT and the JBossWS
>>> testsuite spotted some issues. There basically seems to be some
>>> behaviour changes wrt Bus creation (please note, I'm not saying the
>>> changes are wrong): afaiu, the creation of a new bus used to set that
>>> bus as a "thread bus", which would have been returned by
>>> BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(false) call. Don't know if that was
>>> actually to be considered a side effect or what, but afaics that's not
>>> the case anymore. I believe that could be due to commit
>>> https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/cxf?cs=1495617 .
>>>
>>> I can most likely work this out in JBossWS, but I'm wondering if this
>>> change is a problem for the CXF release and if it suits a micro version
>>> release.

>>> Fine with me.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Alessio
>>>

>>> --
>>> Alessio Soldano
>>> Web Service Lead, JBoss
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: CXF releases tomorrow…

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Alessio,

This should now be fixed on trunk/2.7.x.  (and test case added)  Will merge to 2.6.x shortly.

Dan

On Jul 15, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> That's definitely a bug…..  Looking into it.
>
> Dan
>

> On Jul 15, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> On 07/15/2013 02:23 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>
>>> It's been 2 months since we did the last CXF releases so it's definitely time.   I'm heading on vacation next week so I'd like to get them done before then.   Thus, I'm planning on doing the builds tomorrow.   If you have anything that needs to get in that might not make it, please shout.
>>
>> I've just tried integrating the latest 2.7.6-SNAPSHOT and the JBossWS
>> testsuite spotted some issues. There basically seems to be some
>> behaviour changes wrt Bus creation (please note, I'm not saying the
>> changes are wrong): afaiu, the creation of a new bus used to set that
>> bus as a "thread bus", which would have been returned by
>> BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(false) call. Don't know if that was
>> actually to be considered a side effect or what, but afaics that's not
>> the case anymore. I believe that could be due to commit
>> https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/cxf?cs=1495617 .
>>
>> I can most likely work this out in JBossWS, but I'm wondering if this
>> change is a problem for the CXF release and if it suits a micro version
>> release.
>>

>>> Also, what are peoples thoughts about making this the last 2.5.x build?
>>
>> Fine with me.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Alessio
>>

>> --
>> Alessio Soldano
>> Web Service Lead, JBoss
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF releases tomorrow…

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF releases tomorrow…

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
Unfortunately, I've noticed another issue in STS :-(
Please see my comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5010
; basically the changes for that have made the STS dependant on Spring.

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano