Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/17 15:21:18 UTC

Arrow sync at 12:00 US/Eastern today

 https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx

Unfortunately there is also a Parquet sync at the same time. Not sure
what to do about that

Re: Arrow sync at 12:00 US/Eastern today

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Notes from meeting below.

*Attendees*
Jacques: no items
Uwe: merging documentation
Wes: Bug fix release
Pearu: no items
Li: Java issues

*Merging Documentation*
Let’s look at merging things and using Sphinx across languages.

*Bug fix release*
Bug fix release to fix packages for python. Need to make a new release
since packages are broken. Wes can’t release but we need release manager.
Need to pin to older tensorflow. Problems with a buggy zlib that wasn’t
caught by CI. No way to roll back so we need someone to be release manager.
Wes talk to Antoine but question outstanding. Wes to volunteer.

*Java Issues*
Need attention on ARROW-3396: What do we do there. Li should ping CCRI
folks to get opinion on changes. Jacques also to look.
For bounds checking - inclined to keep it on but better document the
change. Real world has shown ~10% difference in perf. More for synthetic
workloads.