Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Raymond <su...@bigriverinfotech.com> on 2004/10/10 13:30:23 UTC

Subversion Integration or Utilization with Maven

Is anybody sucessfully integrated or utilizing Subversion wth the current
release build of Maven?

Does the Maven CVS plug-in work with Subversion? Is thre a Subversion plug-in
planned for the future?

Subversion? ( scm:svn in lieu of scm:cvs )? An example would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Raymond

Re: Subversion Integration or Utilization with Maven

Posted by "Victor R. Cardona" <vc...@covad.net>.
Cédric Chabanois wrote:

> Raymond wrote:
>
>> Is anybody sucessfully integrated or utilizing Subversion wth the
>> current release build of Maven?
>>
>> Does the Maven CVS plug-in work with Subversion? Is thre a Subversion
>> plug-in planned for the future?

>> format for Subversion? ( scm:svn in lieu of scm:cvs )? An example
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> I don't think subversion has been integrated with Maven.
>
> However you can use the following ant task
> http://subclipse.tigris.org/svnant.html
>
> Cédric

> .

Subversion and Maven work together just fine.  There is ample
documentation on the Maven Website.  Basically you can set the
connection and developerConnection tags to something like the following:

scm|svn|<url>

The only other problem I have noticed is that you have to tell Maven's
changelog plugin that you are using Subversion.  For that, you can set
the following in the project.properties file:
maven.changelog.factory=org.apache.maven.svnlib.SvnChangeLogFactory

That should be all you need to do.

Victor

Re: Subversion Integration or Utilization with Maven

Posted by Cédric Chabanois <cc...@no-log.org>.