Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org> on 2003/07/10 09:56:27 UTC

"svn list -v" should use the locales for the date/time

I have LC_TIME=en_DK to get date/time in the ISO8601 format, but
"svn list -v" seems to ignore the locales and uses the C format:

ay:~/wd> svn list -v TODO
P      41  lefevre      118 Jun 19 05:33 TODO

Could this behaviour be changed?

TIA,

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

Re: "svn list -v" should use the locales for the date/time

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 08:38:39 -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
[locale support for "svn list -v"]
> Is it terribly important, or just a matter of preference?

It's not really important, as long as there is no ambiguity (I don't
know what happens for files that are more than 1 year old). I just
prefer the ISO-8601 format.

> (Sounds like a minor enhancement; I personally wouldn't put it high
> on my priority list for pre-1.0, but maybe you could file a post-1.0
> enhancement request? Or if I'm misunderstanding the importance,
> please say how...)

Done. I couldn't say post-1.0, but I've set the priority to P5.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org> writes:
> I have LC_TIME=en_DK to get date/time in the ISO8601 format, but
> "svn list -v" seems to ignore the locales and uses the C format:
>
> ay:~/wd> svn list -v TODO
> P      41  lefevre      118 Jun 19 05:33 TODO
>
> Could this behaviour be changed?

Is it terribly important, or just a matter of preference?  (Sounds
like a minor enhancement; I personally wouldn't put it high on my
priority list for pre-1.0, but maybe you could file a post-1.0
enhancement request?  Or if I'm misunderstanding the importance,
please say how...)

-K