Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Srividhya Shanmugam <Sr...@fico.com> on 2015/04/09 19:42:05 UTC

Ackers overhead

I have a simple topology with one spout and one bolt...with parallelism set to 1 for both. While conducting some volume tests, I noticed there is a two-fold throughput increase when ackers are turned off.

Any insight in to why Ackers incur such a huge overhead will be helpful in tuning the same. Right now I have set the "topology.ackers.executors" is to default which is null. In that case, I see 1 acker per worker. Even that adds a huge overhead.

Thanks,
Srividhya

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately.