Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Bob Lannoy <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 15:49:44 UTC

Notifications in 1.0.0-incubating

Hi,

I had an intermittent problem with the mail notifications in snapshot
releases before the summer. Sometimes the status "sent" was not taken
into account and every 2 minutes a mail was sent until I deleted the
task through console.
I looked in the DB and there the status was SENT, in console it also
stated SENT. Somehow the notification job didn't see it.

I saw that the notification code has changed during my holidays
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-54) so I had a try with
the 1.0.0-incubating release.
However now I always keep getting the notification emails every 2
minutes until I delete the task in console. The console doesn't say
"SENT" in the status column of the tasks.
The notification has trace level = NONE.

I have done no customisations regarding the notification mechanisms.

Any idea on what's happening?

best regards

Bob

Re: Notifications in 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 29/08/2012 14:41, Bob Lannoy wrote:
>> there is no particular caching involved in the notification system: it's
>> only basically the NotificationJob class running every 2 minutes,
>> picking up NotificationTasks with 'executed' == 0. (this was actually
>> the change since SYNCOPE-54).
> Then it's really strange that it didn't pick up the task.
> (which still keeps me worried)

Please try with latest 1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT artifacts (which you'd
probably have to 'mvn -Pall clean install' yourself from SVN 1_0_X
branch): I've just fixed SYNCOPE-192 and cleaned up some stuff.

Please let me know.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Notifications in 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Bob Lannoy <bo...@gmail.com>.
Second try ;)

Posted by Bob Lannoy <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco,

> there is no particular caching involved in the notification system: it's
> only basically the NotificationJob class running every 2 minutes,
> picking up NotificationTasks with 'executed' == 0. (this was actually
> the change since SYNCOPE-54).

Then it's really strange tha

Re: Notifications in 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 29/08/2012 13:34, Bob Lannoy wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> I'm still somewhat worried about the notification system.
> I just had the case where the notification was not sent.
> It was in the "tasks" tab. In the debug log I saw the notificationJob
> waking up and sleeping again several times without picking up the
> task.
>
> It looks like the problem I had before where it kept sending the
> notification even if the status = SENT, although now it's the other
> way around.
> When I tried to reproduce the problem, it sent out the notification.
>
> Is there some sort of caching mechanism that could cause this
> behaviour (i.e. not seeing tasks or thinking the task wasn't excuted)?
> I'm sorry that I do not possess more detailed info on this.
> best regards

Hi Bob,
there is no particular caching involved in the notification system: it's
only basically the NotificationJob class running every 2 minutes,
picking up NotificationTasks with 'executed' == 0. (this was actually
the change since SYNCOPE-54).

Don't worry about reporting your issues here: having people testing new
features in their implementation is a great thing for OSS projects like
as Syncope ;-)

Regards.

Posted by Bob Lannoy <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bob Lannoy <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco,

strangely enough, in my case it only works when I put it on "ALL".
For NONE, SUMMARY and FAILURES it keeps sending mails.

regards

Bob

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.