Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io> on 2017/05/08 18:48:09 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-146: Isolation of dependencies and classes in Kafka Connect (restarted voting thread)

** Restarting the voting thread here, with a different title to avoid
collapsing this thread's messages with the discussion thread's messages in
mail clients. Apologies for the inconvenience. **

Hi all,

Given that the comments during the discussion seem to have been addressed,
I'm pleased to bring

KIP-146: Classloading Isolation in Connect
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
146+-+Classloading+Isolation+in+Connect

up for voting. Again, this KIP aims to bring the highly desired feature of
dependency isolation in Kafka Connect.

In the meantime, for any additional feedback, please continue to send your
comments in the discussion thread here:

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kafka.apache.org/msg71453.html

This voting thread will stay active for a minimum of 72 hours.

Sincerely,
Konstantine

Re: [VOTE] KIP-146: Isolation of dependencies and classes in Kafka Connect (restarted voting thread)

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.
A little after 72h have passed I'm happy to announce that this KIP has been
accepted.

Additionally, since all votes were submitted within the KIP deadline for
KIPs targeting the 0.11.0.0 release, I intend to publish an implementation
for review, targeting the forthcoming Apache Kafka release.

Here are the votes:

+1s (binding): 5 - Guozhang Wang, Sriram Subramanian, Ismael Juma, Gwen
Shapira, Ewen Cheslack-Postava
+1s (non-binding): 3 - Stephane Maarek, Dan Norwood, Colin McCabe
-1s: 0

Thanks to everyone who reviewed and commented on this KIP.

-Konstantine

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <ra...@confluent.io>.
+1

Posted by dan <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-146: Isolation of dependencies and classes in Kafka Connect (restarted voting thread)