Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Glen Hein <gl...@connexta.com> on 2016/03/23 18:08:41 UTC

how to debug maven-bundle-plugin/bnd

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to using maven-bundle-plugin and I'm trying to debug a problem. The plugin is not embedding a dependency as requested. I ran 'mvn --debug', which gave me a lot info on what the plugin is doing, but it doesn't seem to trigger debug output from bnd itself. Is there a way to get bnd to output debug info that shows how it is deciding to the embed jars?

I've been hacking on pom quite a bit, buy here it is if it helps. BTW, it's the xmlbeans and stax-api jars that aren't getting embedded.

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <extensions>true</extensions>
    <configuration>
        <instructions>
            <Bundle-SymbolicName>${project.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
            <Bundle-Name>${project.name}</Bundle-Name>
            <Import-Package>
                !com.ibm.icu.text,
                !junit.framework.*,
                !org.etsi.uri.x01903.v14.*,
                !org.junit.*,
                !org.openxmlformats.schemas.officeDocument.x2006.math.*,
                !org.openxmlformats.schemas.schemaLibrary.x2006.main.*,
                !schemasMicrosoftComOfficePowerpoint.*,
                !schemasMicrosoftComOfficeWord.*,
                !org.apache.pdfbox.debugger.*,
                !org.apache.xmlbeans.*,
                *
            </Import-Package>
            <Embed-Dependency>
                catalog-core-api-impl,
                platform-util,
                catalog-transformer-common,

                <!-- external -->

                bcprov-jdk15on,
                bcpkix-jdk15on,
                xmlbeans,
                stax-api,
                poi,
                poi-ooxml,
                poi-scratchpad,
                poi-ooxml-schemas,
                commons-io,
                commons-lang3,
                fontbox,
                pdfbox,pdfbox-tools
            </Embed-Dependency>
            <Export-Package/>
        </instructions>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

Thanks,

Glen

Re: how to debug maven-bundle-plugin/bnd

Posted by David Daniel <da...@gmail.com>.
I can not really help you with your issue but a while ago I went through
the trouble of getting tika to embed.  ultimately it was much easier to use
the servicemix version
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.poi
It is not very out of date.