Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2016/12/28 20:46:48 UTC

-incubating version suffix

Just catching up on this thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/17ecae7960572e3cad9ba734ea15d55a337422e27ce08d2297a1e830@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

My reading is that it’s up to a podlings discretion whether to use a -incubating suffix in their maven coordinates.

I move that we remove the -incubating suffix from our next release forward.

Steve

Re: -incubating version suffix

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 2016-12-28 21:46, sblackmon wrote:
> Just catching up on this thread:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/17ecae7960572e3cad9ba734ea15d55a337422e27ce08d2297a1e830@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>
> My reading is that it’s up to a podlings discretion whether to use a -incubating suffix in their maven coordinates.
>
> I move that we remove the -incubating suffix from our next release forward.

This incubator policy change is currently under vote on general@ but also still
under heavy debate.
Until that is settled I'm -1 changing this for the next streams release.

Ate