Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike _ <rm...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/16 03:14:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Having trouble with OpenBSD layout.

I downloaded version 2 of the Apache source code and compiled it using the
--enable-layout=OpenBSD option.  When I typed 'apachectl start' i received
an error message saying that httpd can't find httpd.conf in
/usr/local/apache2/conf.  The OpenBSD layout sent this file to
/var/www/conf.  How do I get httpd to look for it in /var/www/conf?

According to the error message, I can edit the apachectl script to achieve
this result, but I did not see any line in apachectl that would allow me to
specify the path to the httpd.conf file.

I would like to fix this problem without having to use ports.  What can I
do?

Re: [users@httpd] Having trouble with OpenBSD layout.

Posted by "i.t" <i....@ithum.de>.
> /var/www/conf.  How do I get httpd to look for it in /var/www/conf?

 httpd -f /var/www/conf &

--
 . ___
 |  |  Irmund     Thum