Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/04/13 05:39:27 UTC

[ANN] OpenEJB 3.0 Final Released

Download binaries here:

   http://openejb.apache.org/download.html
   (check http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/openejb-30.html of the above
page hasn't synched yet)

Apache OpenEJB 3.0 Release Notes

New Features:

   * [OPENEJB-769] Dependency Injection of Enums
   * [OPENEJB-768] Dependency Injection of Collections and Maps using
Java Generics
   * [OPENEJB-758] @EJB references to local interfaces in other ears
   * [OPENEJB-777] Transaction Logging
   * [OPENEJB-788] Host based authorization on remote client requests

Improvements:

   * [OPENEJB-784] Improved support for annotation inheritance
   * [OPENEJB-787] Improved client request thread pooling and backlog
control
   * [OPENEJB-760] Improved Circular and Lazy EJB reference resolution
between ears
   * [OPENEJB-764] New openejb.validation.output.level property
settable to TERSE, MEDIUM, or VERBOSE
   * [OPENEJB-763] Auto create non-jta-data-source as a clone of jta-
data-source and vice versa
   * [OPENEJB-756] Allow CMP2 ejbSelect returning void for UPDATE and
DELETE queries
   * [OPENEJB-759] Improved and expanded EJB reference resolution
   * [OPENEJB-215] Passivation/Activation of non-Serializable Stateful
SessionBeans
   * [OPENEJB-770] Validation: Bean class with no Interfaces
   * [OPENEJB-775] Validation: Bean-class-only annotations not used on
interfaces
   * [OPENEJB-773] Validation: Combined use of @Stateless @Stateful
and @MessageDriven on same class
   * [OPENEJB-774] Validation: Component and Business Interfaces are
interface types
   * [OPENEJB-771] Validation: Use of @Stateless, @Stateful or
@MessageDriven on an interface or abstract class
   * [OPENEJB-779] Validation: Conflicting use of @RolesAllowed,
@PermitAll on a class
   * [OPENEJB-780] Validation: Conflicting use of @RolesAllowed,
@PermitAll, @DenyAll on a method
   * [OPENEJB-781] Validation: Timeout method syntax
   * [OPENEJB-770] Validation: Bean class with no Interfaces
   * [OPENEJB-771] Validation: Use of @Stateless, @Stateful or
@MessageDriven on an interface or abstract class
   * [OPENEJB-773] Validation: Combined use of @Stateless @Stateful
and @MessageDriven on same class
   * [OPENEJB-774] Validation: Component and Business Interfaces are
interface types
   * [OPENEJB-775] Validation: Bean-class-only annotations not used on
interfaces

Bugs:

   * [OPENEJB-767] Paths with spaces may result in "Unable to scrape
for @Stateful, @Stateless or @MessageDriven annotations"
   * [OPENEJB-778] Application in apps dir are sometimes not loaded at
startup
   * [OPENEJB-607] Cannot access server(s): null:-1 when
InitialContext.PROVIDER_URL is hostname not IP address
   * [OPENEJB-766] EJBs and persistence units in a web application
nested in an ear are not detected
   * [OPENEJB-765] POJO webservices broken in Tomcat initialized with
OpenEJBListener
   * [OPENEJB-782] RollbackException swallowed in TransactionPolicy
   * [OPENEJB-700] Must have java.sun.com access when online to
deploy: Cannot unmarshall the ejb-jar.xml file
   * [OPENEJB-761] Tomcat EAR double deployment
   * [OPENEJB-750] EJB 2 Entity bean with CMP field mapped to CMR
field causes ClassFormatError
   * [OPENEJB-717] ServiceRef converts JAX-RPC handlers into JAX-WS
handlers
   * [OPENEJB-762] CMP finder with no results: NullPointerException in
TransactionPolicy.logSystemException()
   * [OPENEJB-754] Print out the provider in Configuring
PersistenceUnit(name=testFacadePu, provider=null) log message
   * [OPENEJB-757] JavaAgent upgrade/uninstall with Tomcat

- - - - - - - - -  - - - - - -
3.0-beta-2 Notes (trimmed):

New Features:

   * [OPENEJB-688] JAX-WS Web Services Support
   * [OPENEJB-741] Support for Tomcat 5.5
   * [OPENEJB-752] Release OpenEJB as OSGi bundles
   * [OPENEJB-435] Support for JDK 1.6 / JRE 6.0

Improvements:

   * [OPENEJB-253] Per EJB or EJB Interface JNDI Name declaration
   * [OPENEJB-743] Improved configuration error detection and help

   * [OPENEJB-571] Validation: @PersistenceContext name is specified
   * [OPENEJB-572] Validation: @PersistenceUnit name is specified
   * [OPENEJB-730] Validation: Attempted use of
PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED by non-Stateful bean
   * [OPENEJB-682] Validation: Incorrect usage of @PersistenceContext
on EntityManagerFactory
   * [OPENEJB-681] Validation: Incorrect usage of @PersistenceUnit on
EntityManager
   * [OPENEJB-680] Validation: Incorrect usage of @Resouce on
EntityManager or EntityManagerFactory

- - - - - - - - -  - - - - - -
3.0-beta-1 Notes (trimmed):

New Features:

   * [OPENEJB-689] Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 support
   * [OPENEJB-690] Hot deploy and undeploy via command line tool
   * [OPENEJB-606] Commons DBCP Managed Data Sources
   * [OPENEJB-260] Automatic Configuration for Simple Apps
   * [OPENEJB-128] EJBd over HTTP -- ejb invocations over http protocol
   * [OPENEJB-123] CMP 2.x support via JPA
   * [OPENEJB-98] Dependency Injection
   * [OPENEJB-90] Business Interface support
   * [OPENEJB-89] EJB 2.1 <-> 3.0 compatibility
   * [OPENEJB-79] Interceptors

Improvements:

   * [OPENEJB-425] Support for JPA runtime class enhancement
   * [OPENEJB-692] JAAS and JACC Security
   * [OPENEJB-573] Support for JSR-77 j2ee management MEJB
   * [OPENEJB-691] Adaptive logging for embedded and standalone modes
   * [OPENEJB-536] Validation: AroundInvoke signature
   * [OPENEJB-526] Validation: Check for incorrect use of injection-
target-name
   * [OPENEJB-455] Validation: Check that @Local hasn't been used to
point to an EJBLocalHome or EJBLocalObject interface
   * [OPENEJB-454] Validation: Check that @Remote hasn't been used to
point to an EJBHome or EJBObject interface
   * [OPENEJB-552] Validation: EjbName used in InterceptorBinding is
correct
   * [OPENEJB-612] Validation: EjbName used in method-based
InterceptorBinding
   * [OPENEJB-616] Validation: PostActivate callback signature is
correct
   * [OPENEJB-614] Validation: PostConstruct callback signature is
correct
   * [OPENEJB-613] Validation: PreDestroy callback signature is correct
   * [OPENEJB-615] Validation: PrePassivate callback signature is
correct
   * [OPENEJB-617] Validation: Warn on unsupported service-refs
   * [OPENEJB-575] Validation: XML method permissions to beans that do
not exist
   * [OPENEJB-574] Validation: XML transaction attributes to beans
that do not exist

Re: [ANN] OpenEJB 3.0 Final Released

Posted by Alexander Saint Croix <sa...@gmail.com>.
I posted a truncated release announcement to my blog at Java.net.

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/saintx/archive/2008/04/openejb_30_fina.html

Congratulations--seriously, to everyone involved.  This project is the
backbone of all my development efforts for the last 6 months.  It's great
how much I've come to rely on it, and in many ways it makes my own work
possible.  So, big thanks to all involved.

Cheers,
--
Alex

Posted by Alexander Saint Croix <sa...@gmail.com>.