Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simone Roselli <zm...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 18:53:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Different vhosts using mod_ruid

Hi,

i've tried to set up a configuration with mod_ruid. I didn't find so
many documents about it in the whole web.

My predictable goal  would be to set different apache UID running for
different apache children.

I've done follow steps on an ubuntu karmik:

 - download and install module as described here:
 http://websupport.sk/~stanojr/projects/mod_ruid

- create file /etc/apache2/mod-availables/ruid.load which content is:

LoadModule ruid_module   /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ruid.so

- create file /etc/apache2/mod-availables/ruid.conf which content is:
User              www-data
Group            www-data
RMode          stat
RGroups       www-data

- typed "a2enmod ruid" loading changes properly.

I've configured example.org virtual host as follow:
NameVirtualHost 10.4.4.200
<VirtualHost example.org>
  ServerAdmin    user@example.org
  DocumentRoot   /home/user/public_html
  ServerName     example.org
  RMode              config
  RUidGid            user user
</VirtualHost>

Now, if i run "ps aux |grep apache" i can see apache running as "www-data"
instead "user". But if i put:

User         user
Group       user
in ruid.conf, apache running as "user".
This apparently means example.org config file cannot overwrites settings.
How
can i setup more vhosts in this way?

Does anyone has been more lucky running mod_ruid?
Thanks

ZMo