Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tung Tran Van <tu...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/01 05:12:40 UTC

Moving all source code related to SpamAssassin to module third-party/spamassassin

Hi all,

When integration RSpamD, I see the separate between 2 modules:
- mailbox/plugin/spamassassin
- third-party/spamassassin

Should we move spamassassin stuff in one thrid-party/spamassassin module?
It will more consistency, that will similar with third-party/rspamd (WIP)

Ref:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-3775

--
Tung, Tran Van

Re: Moving all source code related to SpamAssassin to module third-party/spamassassin

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
+1

IMO thrid-party/spamassassin should also contain relevant mailets, SMTP
hooks in addition to the existing "mailbox plugin".

Such a change would require operational changes: users relying on the
existing SpamAssassin extension would need to drop the corresponding JAR
in the extensions-jars folder.

Regards,

Benoit