Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Frey, Gregor Karl" <gr...@sap.com> on 2001/03/12 10:38:51 UTC

SOAP in J2EE

Hi,
has anyone an idea how SOAP will be integrated in the J2EE standard?
Running a servlet as "reciever" seems to me not the optimal procedure.
Something like the message-driven beans may be more apt.
Are there already some documents out describing the relation of SOAP to
J2EE?
Bye,
Gregor

RE: SOAP in J2EE

Posted by Oisín Hurley <oh...@iona.com>.
> has anyone an idea how SOAP will be integrated in the J2EE standard?
> Running a servlet as "reciever" seems to me not the optimal procedure.
> Something like the message-driven beans may be more apt.

There are a number of JSRs in progress or starting that are relevant:

   JSR-067  Java APIs for XML Messaging
   JSR-101  Java APIs for XML RPC
   JSR-109  Implementing Enterprise Web Services

> Are there already some documents out describing the relation of SOAP to
> J2EE?

A number of freely available SOAP related toolkits have J2EE connection
schemes. Take a look at these for some details.

 cheers
   --oh

RE: SOAP in J2EE

Posted by Oisín Hurley <oh...@iona.com>.