Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Petri Savolainen <pe...@iki.fi> on 2003/10/12 01:38:49 UTC

enhancing the xml provided by mod_dav_svn?

Hello,

I've managed to set up the nice xslt - formatted view using apache. However,
I would like a more comprehensive web view into the repository. It appears
that the xml emitted by mod_dav_svn when triggered by the SVNIndexXSLT
directive, contains just very basic stuff... Is there a user-friendly way
to configure what info, properties etc. is added to the xml emitted by
mod_dav_svn? Or is this something that is "hardcoded" in C/++ somewhere...?

Thanks,

 Petri

Re: enhancing the xml provided by mod_dav_svn?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Michael Wood wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 04:38:49AM +0300, Petri Savolainen wrote:
>
>>I've managed to set up the nice xslt - formatted view using apache.
>>However, I would like a more comprehensive web view into the
>>repository. It appears that the xml emitted by mod_dav_svn when
>>triggered by the SVNIndexXSLT directive, contains just very basic
>>stuff... Is there a user-friendly way to configure what info,
>>properties etc. is added to the xml emitted by mod_dav_svn? Or is this
>>something that is "hardcoded" in C/++ somewhere...?
>

> The basic XML emitted by mod_dav_svn is all you get.  If you want
> something more, the standard answer is to use ViewCVS.  I'm not sure if
> there's a released version of ViewCVS with Subversion support, yet, but
> if not you can use the latest code from the ViewCVS CVS repository.
>
> I have never used ViewCVS, though, so I can't comment on how well it
> works.

You can also use SVN::Web, which gives you similar functionality, but in
perl instead of python.  It's much newer (and thus less polished) than
ViewCVS though.

http://search.cpan.org/~clkao/SVN-Web-0.30/

-garrett

Re: enhancing the xml provided by mod_dav_svn?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
"Sander Stoks" <sa...@stoks.nl> writes:

> > Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za> writes:
> >
> > Anyone interested in seeing how well ViewCVS works can simply visit
> > http://svn.collab.net/ and take the "viewcvs" link. :-) There are
> > still plenty of bugs with the Subversion integration, but generally,
> > the thing is pretty usable.
>
> Interesting!  The name "ViewCVS" doesn't hint that it can be used with
> Subversion repositories, too.  Is there a HOWTO somewhere about
> installing this as a browsing front-end on a Subversion repository?

/me makes no comment on the politics of software name changes.  But he
does recommend reading the INSTALL file that comes with ViewCVS.

Re: enhancing the xml provided by mod_dav_svn?

Posted by Sander Stoks <sa...@stoks.nl>.
> Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za> writes:
>
> Anyone interested in seeing how well ViewCVS works can simply visit
> http://svn.collab.net/ and take the "viewcvs" link. :-) There are
> still plenty of bugs with the Subversion integration, but generally,
> the thing is pretty usable.

Interesting!  The name "ViewCVS" doesn't hint that it can be used with
Subversion repositories, too.  Is there a HOWTO somewhere about
installing this as a browsing front-end on a Subversion repository?

Thanks,
Sander

Re: enhancing the xml provided by mod_dav_svn?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>